Monday, November 27, 2006

ZbornToy madness...

Let me start this with a little "sigh"...

The ZbornToy is released now for about a month. The few artists, who decided to take a look at it more closely did discover some of the power of it. More so, they've discovered that it does open up a new world to them. But I can count them on my two hands. I know, I'm simply not a marketing kind of guy and I will have to do a lot more explaining, but at the same time I'm very sad that only so few even attempt to explore.

What happened to us?

Even now, after I've worked in this industry for such a long time and created things with so many tools, I'm still do blown away by what this tiny thing can make me do. Never has it been so easy to come up with genuinely new looks. Art and hope for art to return on such a beautiful and powerful medium as the computer have come to me with it. And I just can't accept that people don't at least feel the need to find out or have the tiny moment of patience to let themselves realize this.

How did I conceil its power?

I guess I should use more fancy taglines like: Sometimes great things come in little packages!

Anyway, this is my blog and I can write what ever I want to write, right?
So here is what I want to write:
CHECK OUT THE ZBORNTOY!
But don't just hook it up and dial around wildly! Check out the demo projects and explore the features. Play with them wisely!

Then THINK! Then FEEL! Then CREATE!

With great confidence I can tell you this, you will create wonderful things and you will feel the power it gives you! It's a little marvel, it really is!

Anyway...it's my little diary here...I so wish from the bottom of my heart, that one day soon I will look back at this and laugh. And when this happens, I most likely will shed a few tears, too. My ticket to create a new world of tools for artists may have arrived then.

5 Comments:

Blogger Carlo Macchiavello said...

Dear Taron
i'm amazed from incredible thing that you do, zborntoy is amasing, and i'm amazed that seems you see enought energy around that revolution of 3d and 2d. Keep hard, i know that a bright light will at end of tunnel (but if you are like i think, like me you like to stay in the dark, to study strange creature that live in...)...
anyway good luck for you taronite
your old friend Carlo.

2:48 PM  
Blogger davidmaas said...

Taron,
sometimes you're too far ahead of the pack. I haven't had time to play with zBornToy, but its created a good deal of buzz - and the cg community is largely spoiled by pre-digested solutions, so it may take a moment for the power of this to shine through.
To me it seems logical - a continuation of the compositing workflow made more immediate to the artist. I'm sure this will catch on. And there will be some films soon that carry the message out to the slow momentum of the masses...

5:36 AM  
Blogger davidmaas said...

Another thought - you've got the AfterFX crowd - one of the more "pre-digest" oriented user groiups. I think a crowd like Fusion or such would pick up on this more quickly. Be patient! And do more imagery - that's the ace up your sleeve. Talent.

5:41 AM  
Blogger Daniele Mattei said...

Hey Taron ! don't worry about acceptance of your tools among artists.
The average people usually just don't reach to understand what's
not plain simple , or what's not marketed the proper way.
as my great friend Carlo said : Taronite is amazing as a tool.

But, i have to say you've so much talent and passion for 3D-2D imagery that your work inspires lots of artists out there for sure.

You know : you're a great artist.

You should maybe do a movie one day, depicting your universe, for our pleasure but most important, for YOUR pleasure to create, experiment, tell a story.

CG community will be there and finally listen.

I think there's still SO much to do in CG world , both in art quality,expression, and in enhancing the tools for arrtists , like you do:
territories for exploration are infinite, but if there's one artist capable of doing really fantastic CG art this is you.

so, don't be discouraged : grow your art on serious steroids :

think BIG.

Daniele Nemoid Mattei

10:03 AM  
Blogger Andrew said...

I agree. It's an amazing tool which is miles and miles ahead of anything like it. I downloaded the demo because I couldn't believe that it was possible to do what it appeared to be doing in the demo. Perhaps its simply not clear enough how powerful it is? Maybe people are still scared of depth maps? Maybe pipelines are so established that TD's are scared to make changes that include cutting edge tools?

Who knows. All I know is that it deserves to be takes seriously. I'm holding thumbs for you, man! David is right - make more images! Oh, and maybe a few "mainstream" ones to catch the eye of people scared by your amazing dark themes.

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home