Monday, April 02, 2012

Mystery of the Three Mothers - sketch

After having made the little Sanskrit numbers clip I thought about doing one for Hebrew. A brief exploration into Kaballah motivated me immediately to meditate over the so-called "Three Mothers"; Aleph, Mem and Shin. There letters are said to be the basic forces that form the fundamental building-blocks of our finite universe.

Aleph - Air - Breath of Hashem (God)

Mem - Water - Water from Breath - Cyclic principle of transformation (action into matter/energy and back)

Shin - Fire - Fire from Water - receive action within Water, transform into foundational substance and release back into the cycle of Water.




I hope it's accurate enough or informative without making some false assumptions. But, please, by all means, let me know, if you find something objectionable or plain wrong in it. I literally know next to nothing and just try to sense my way into it. But it felt already profound enough for me to approach it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home